Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Writing Portfolio

Writing Portfolio

I will be reviewing four of my my formal writing opportunities that I've completed this term, in which I believe that I demonstrated my best writing. These writings are Blake Comparative Analysis, The Power of Relationships, Williams Blake "On Another's Sorrow", and Kafka Metamorphosis.

My major strengths as a writer are knowing when to put a period or a comma, adding my own ideas, and to come up with a well organized thesis statement. I've learned to develop my skills in grammar, vocabulary, and mechanics of effective writing. I also learned the proper procedures to developing a research essay using literary theories.

Blake Comparative Analysis and Kafka Metamorphosis are two writings in which I believe had a great paper highlighting the proper procedures in developing a research paper using the literary theory, being that these were my first papers to complete. I managed to show where I got my research from, and use that research to support my claim in using the literary theory presented in my thesis.

I've learned to develop organizational skills for correct and clear writing in The Power of Relationships. The idea of writing a comparative analysis was not easy the first time. This paper allowed me to understand the concept of a well organized paper. It was a challenge, but I managed to get through with it so my reader could have a better understanding while reading my paper. Everything that I've mentioned above could still use some improvement. Nothing is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment